Lots of exciting happenings surrounding our Scotland team as of late. Thought I might share a quick update:
- May 10th is “Scotland Sunday” at our sending church – City on the Hill (7483 Arapahoe Rd. – Boulder, CO). The service will be at 10am and will include Celtic style praise and worship (hopefully with bagpipes and all!), a message that will include Scottish revival church history, CTW’s heart for Scotland, a few videos from the team, and will be followed by tea, scones, and other Scottish treats. Never fear, we won’t forget to honor all the mothers who attend as well as it’s also Mother’s Day. To all friends, family, co-workers, etc. we would like to invite any and all reading this to join us! Church goers or not, we would totally be blessed to have you come and find out more about what we’re doing and why. Would love the support. Will you come? :)
- Micah and the Hayden clan have sold their house, most of their belongings, and Micah’s husband, Mark, is currently applying for jobs that are in Edinburgh. Please be praying for them as they need him to have a job offer before Micah can apply for her visa. The kids have dual passports so they are taken care of and ready to go… Just waiting on the job offer as that’s vital for Micah to acquire her British spousal visa.
- No new news on the “Scottish Charitable Organization” status as of yet but believing God that He’s put our application in the right hands and that there is favor upon it. Will update everyone as soon as we hear.
- We’re excited to add another team member from England to the team. The Lord is still working out all the details for her so I’ll update when I have more info on how and when she’ll be joining us in an official capacity but we are so excited to have her on board however that looks like.
- I’ve had several people recently ask what’s the best way to give monthly or one time donations. You can either make out a check to City on the Hill (Mail to: 7483 Arapahoe Rd. Boulder, CO 80303) or go to www.cityonthehill.com/contact/online-giving/ and give via City on the Hill’s paypal account. Please be sure to designate “For the Haydens” if you’re giving to Micah and the Hayden family or “For Haven” if you’d like to give to Haven. You will receive a receipt that you can apply towards your 2015 charitable giving on your tax filing at the end of the year. Doesn’t matter if it’s $5 a month or $100 a month – any and all giving support is so appreciated. I really can’t put into words exactly how much so… This past week I had 3 couples text me saying they’d like to either be monthly supporters or give what they could — I was on the treadmill when one texted and tears ran down my face. To have family, friends, and coworkers who believe in you, the calling God has on your life, and the mission you’re a part of is quite humbling to say the least.
- So grateful for the amount of peace I have about all of this. I think it’s easy and quite human to kind of panic, stress, and be overwhelmed about this kind of change and the move we have ahead of us. Believe me, I’ve been there. But a certain point came where I realized that I’m not really in control of any of it… The part I have to play is simply, “Here I am Lord, send me… Use me however You desire… I give You my yes and trust You to do the rest.” Since then, I’ve just had an overwhelming peace about it all — not to say there won’t be some trying, stressful times to come but I’m going to try to live and remain in the peace.
Thank you all for the way you’ve loved and supported us this far into the journey… We sure do love you guys!
More updates to come…